My broad research aims are:
- Explore the most cost-effective means of serving the load within reliability and power quality criteria. In order to accurately assess the cost of a given project, the feeder losses must be calculated. I will attempt to quantify the improvement in accuracy planning project requires so that planning engineers could decide among options.
- Investigate effect due to the addition of Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles (PHEV), renewable technologies and Distributed Energy Resource (DER) generation for future years in Turkish electric grid.
- Investigate Impacts of harmonics from multiple sources, especially Distributed Energy Resources, on distribution networks.
- Redesign Turkish electrical grid to be able to provide efficient, reliable and cost-effective power system grid for Turkish utilities to use.
- Update control device organization and settings to be able to create optimum feeders and make our existing grid to be able to monitor, control and update setting automatically.